What is more holiday-esque than pumpkin pie and gingerbread? How about pumpkin cheesecake with a gingerbread crust? Well, we’ve got it for you! On top of that, who says that dessert can’t be a health food? We’ve turned this Golden Girls classic into a treat even the strictest of coaches would let you get away with – how? With the addition of CBD!
Cooking with CBD Tip:
Generally, when working with a recipe (not a drink) it is best to add CBD to the vegetables as a drizzle or marinade, allowing the vegetables to soak in the CBD. As we’ve talked about above, this will insulate the CBD from the high temperatures associated with cooking.
• 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
• 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
• 1/3 cup butter, melted
• 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
• 3/4 cup white sugar, divided
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup canned pumpkin
• 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a medium bowl, mix together:
• Crushed gingersnap cookies
3. Press into the bottom, and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan
4. Bake crust 10 minutes in the preheated oven
5. Set aside to cool.
6. In a medium bowl, mix together until smooth:
• Cream cheese
• 1/2 cup sugar
7. In another medium bowl, mix together until smooth:
• Mix in eggs one at a time, blending well after each
• Set aside 1 cup of the mixture
8. Blend into the set-aside mixture:
• 1/4 cup sugar
9. Pour the pumpkin filling into the crust, then dollop the plain batter at random across the top.
10. Bake between 50 minutes to an hour, until the filling is set
11. Chill the cheesecake for 4 hours or overnight
Share this Post