Does winter have you feeling cold, sick, and dreary?
A bowl of hot garlic soup is just what you need to warm you up and kick-start your immune system into fighting off the holiday/winter funk, and while you’re at it, why not add another layer of health benefits by adding CBD?
Cannabinoids typically can evaporate very quickly from fats when under high temperatures, so it is important that we add our CBD dose at the right moment – in this recipe we allow the diced tomatoes to soak in the CBD before being cooked, meaning that the CBD is insulated from the high temperatures of cooking.
Cooking with CBD Tip:
Generally, when working with a recipe (not a drink) it is best to add CBD to the vegetables as a drizzle or marinade, allowing the vegetables to soak in the CBD. As we’ve talked about above, this will insulate the CBD from the high temperatures associated with cooking.
• 1/2 cup crushed garlic
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 6 cups of chicken broth
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato
• 1/4 cup any other selected vegetables (your choice to add or not)
• 3 eggs, beaten
• salt and pepper to taste
• A dose of CBD per person having the soup
1. Marinate your tomatoes by drizzling them with your CBD dosage and leave them sitting while you prep the remainder of the recipe.
2. In your large pot over medium heat, cook the garlic and butter until it is sautéed and brown.
3. Pour in the chicken broth with the sautéed garlic and butter – bring it to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to a simmer for a minimum of 20 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, other vegetables, and eggs.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Share this Post